The pub group has devised the Players at the Pump series, which will see former rugby heroes Andy Gomarsall, Lee Mears and Ollie Phillips pull pints for patrons within Young’s and Geronimo venues across London from tomorrow (24 February).
The players will also host Q&A style sessions at these events, tickets of which can be purchased by contacting each pub directly, and include a roast dinner and beverage.
The venues will also house VIP-style hospitality boxes throughout the tournament, which are complete with personalised HD television screens to watch live games, as well as fully stocked beer fridges.
The pub group raised £130,000 for Wooden Spoon as part of its partnership with the charity throughout the Rugby World Cup last year, and it is hoping to raise £50,000 via the latest activity.
Players at the Pump dates:
- Andy Gomarsall at Fentiman Arms, Oval – 24 February
- Ollie Phillips at The Northcote, Battersea – 2 March
- Lee Mears at Duke of Clarence, South Kensington – 10 March
- Andy Gomarsall at The Ship, Wandsworth – 15 March
- Lee Mears at Coat & Badge, Putney – 17 March
- Ollie Phillips at The Orange Tree, Richmond – 22 March
- Ollie Phillips at The Alma, Wandsworth – 5 April
- Ollie Phillips at The Oyster Shed, The City – 12 April
- Andy Gomarsall at Duke of Cambridge, Battersea – 19 April
- Ollie Phillips at The Bulls Head, Chislehurst – 26 April
Young's Pubs and Geronimo Inns are also currently hosting a range of whisky events across their London venues, as they look to increase their whisky portfolios.
Comment below to let us know what you think.
For more in-depth and print-only features, showcases and interviews with world-leading brands, don't miss the next issue of Event magazine by subscribing here.