A GOOD MONTH FOR ...
- It may have been a week before St Valentine's Day, but the girls on the editorial team were delighted with the goodie bags they received at the launch of Belowzero's burlesque class. Goodie bags are a bit hit and miss, often leaving guests disappointed when they delve eagerly into them only to find inserts or brochures. However, with sponsors such as Cointreau, La Senza and Bourjois providing vouchers, nail polish, eyeliner and a cocktail shaker, these bags were some of the best we've come across.
- The Conservative Party's Black and White fundraising party at Battersea Evolution is set to go down as one of the year's best themed events. The venue was transformed into a garden with real turf, trees, flowers and shrubs. It was brilliantly put together by agencies Fisher Productions, Quantum Leap Events and Smart Hospitality, working on the designs of handbag guru Anya Hindmarch.
- Full marks also go to Tixmob, a mobile ticketing service that sends a unique barcode to your phone, which is then swiped on entry. One event signed up to the system is the Summer Sundae Weekender from 8-10 August.
- Not only were we lucky enough to visit Finland with agency European Events, we also experienced a great new hospitality package in the making. Highlights are skidoo trips, log cabins with hot tubs and saunas, and activities such as snow-shoe walking.
- Event mixologist Squeeze gave everyone their own Tom Cruise Cocktail moment at the Visit London networking party, held at The Roof Gardens. Lucky guests learnt how to mix, shake and serve their own cocktails.
A BAD MONTH FOR ...
- A networking party on 13 February at International Confex's London Bar, sponsored by the International Special Events Society and the Barbican, saw exhibitors spilling out onto the exhibition floor concourse because the bar was heaving with people. Credit cards not being accepted, plus warm beer, also took the edge off proceedings. Using a controlled ticketing system might have helped.