1. To celebrate the launch of its Jurassic World movie, Universal Pictures erected a large shipping container in the centre of London's Waterloo station, which was labelled ‘Danger,’ ‘Predatory Livestock,’ and ‘Trained Handlers Only’. Three days later, four Velociraptors emerged from the container and others were positioned around the station. It was the most-read story of the week on Event by far, so we looked at Four experiences to celebrate Jurassic World's release.
2. In second place, Event's Meet The Future: Disruptive event technology trends story proved a hit. At the event, consultant and writer Corbin Ball talked about wearable computing, augmented reality, crowdshaping and event apps.
3. Belfast Zoo welcomed an animatronic dragon this week as part of Tourism Ireland's partnership with TV series Game of Thrones and network HBO. Visitors were able to watch the dragon’s feeding time, as well as a check-up with a vet.
4. Vodka brand Cîroc opened the doors to its five-month-long summer pop-up, Cîroc at London Riviera, by Tower Bridge this week. The activation features palm trees, day beds, giant pineapples and pink flamingos, plus beach-inspired Cîroc pineapple vodka cocktails.
5. Readers also wanted to see inside Jägermeister's million-pound activation at Field Day London, which was produced in collaboration with agency Frukt. The 'Unearthed' experience was housed in a purpose-built Jägerhaus, which was designed to appeal to Jägermeister’s core audience of 24-35 year-old men and to reflect the drink’s heritage.
Comment below to let us know what you think.
For more in-depth and print-only features, showcases and interviews with world-leading brands, don't miss the next issue of Event magazine by subscribing here.