Visit Florida is touring the vehicle around London throughout the month of January, to brighten up Londoners’ days during what many believe to be the darkest month of the year.
Each activation day will be hosted by a different Visit Florida partner, with secret activities planned to surprise Londoners. A Kennedy Space Centre astronaut popped up by the Hertz brand tuc-tuc at Waterloo, and inivited commuters to pose for selfies. The vehicle is to be updated and used differently by each partner.
Brand ambassadors will be on hand during each activation, to provide free gifts and information about the sunny US region to passers-by.
The vehicle was first unveiled within Waterloo station, and is popping up at Old Spitalfields Market today (7 January).
Remaining tour dates include:
- 8 January - Daytona International Speedway at Canary Wharf
- 10 January - St. Augustine Celtic Music & Heritage Festival at Covent Garden Market
- 12 January - Hertz at Waterloo train station
- 13 January - Sarasota at Canary Wharf
- 15 January - Daytona International Speedway at Fulcrum at Broadgate
- 18 January - Waterloo train station
- 19-20 January - The Palm Beaches at South Bank
- 21 January - Panama City Beach at Canary Wharf
- 22 January - Visit Florida at Westfield London
- 23 January - Kissimmee at Westfield London
- 24 January - Tampa Bay at Westfield London
- 27 January - Tampa Bay at Old Spitalfields Market
- 28 January - Kennedy Space Centre - throughout London
- 29 January - Panama City Beach at Westfield London
- 30 January - Amelia Island at Westfield London
- 31 January - Fort Myers and Sanibel at Westfield London
In other destination news, The Croatian National Tourist board sailed an adriatic island down the Thames last October.
Comment below to let us know what you think.
For more in-depth and print-only features, showcases and interviews with world-leading brands, don't miss the next issue of Event magazine by subscribing here.