- What attracted you to your current role?
The opportunity to represent four amazing venues offering every possible event option. In addition, I get to work with a wonderful range of people.
- What has been the biggest challenge of your career?
Establishing events as core business in venues with many different remits. Developing the events business to make a real contribution to the preservation of our heritage.
- What has the industry taught you?
Patience, humour and working in good spirits delivers results. Sadly, I have yet to learn to wear flat shoes.
- Event 's Room 101: Name three things in the event industry that get under your skin and explain why.
1. Agents who make block enquiries via fax or email that clearly won't fit the venue.
2. Rudeness, bullying and arrogance. Not industry-specific, but such traits are alive and well in some quarters.
3. Contractors who think venues make up site rules. Which bit of 'no naked flames' is so hard to understand?