Because supported the event’s headline sponsor Dulux by creating activations that could be easily shared on social media. At the start of the race, which covers participants in colourful powder, guests were given the chance to have their photo taken with the iconic Dulux dog, while the Dulux Colour Dome at the finish line featured a photobooth for more picture opportunities.
Groups of friends could have a photo taken alongside Dulux colour wheels, receiving an email, tweet and physical copy of the photo immediately.
Emma Browne, account director at Because, said: "We’ve thoroughly enjoyed this summer playing such a big part in the already-esteemed Color Run events. Our work with Dulux is a perfect example of a brand adding value to an event and the interactive and eye-catching brand experience brings to life Dulux’s authority in colour."
For Save the Children, the agency created a ‘finish festival’, which included a branded hall of mirrors, a bubbleologist - who created huge bubbles to entertain crowds - and a group of cheerleaders who got the crowd talking about Save the Children.
- Eight Color Run events have taken place this summer
- A total of 85,000 runners took part in 2014 events in Belfast, Sunderland, Birmingham, Brighton, Manchester and London's Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 3.8 tonnes of coloured powder was thrown overall
- Five colourful kilometres were run
- 9,500 runners took part at the summer’s final event at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Five Save The Children cheerleaders were hired for the final event and two performances were given
- Five mesmerising mirrors were installed in Save The Children’s hall of mirrors that was constructed specifically for the final event
Comment below to let us know what you think.
For more in-depth and print-only features, showcases and interviews with world-leading brands, don't miss the next issue of Event magazine by subscribing here.