The LMC is being run by London & Partners and will be based in One George Street from 27 July to 9 Septmber. It will be for non-accredited, non-sports media journalists and will be running a programme of activity that will showcase London as a unique, quirky, innovative and world-leading city.
To help achieve global coverage for the industry, Event's editor Jeremy King will be hosting a special session for the press in the LMC on the UK events industry, showcasing some of the amazing work carried out by all of you and providing a calendar of the activities for during the Olympic period.
It is the perfect opportunity for every brand, agency, venue and supplier not involved in official Games events to have their work during the Olympic period covered by global audience.
Chloe Couchman, head of communications at London & Partners said: "We’re really trying to highlight to the UK’s events industry that the London Media Centre is a key way to engage with the world’s media this summer. The media spotlight is on London and we’re expecting more than 6,000 international and national press to register to the centre.
"By being part of the LMC programme it’s an ideal way to connect to the global press and be part of an amazing summer. We’re looking for all ranges of activities to fit the programme – from small breakfast debates through to hospitality at well-known large events. This is the UK events industry time to shine – but we really need them to get in touch with us now."
The LMC will be looking for everything that covers the following areas:
- Culture - entertainment, film, theatre, fashion, music, food, history, sport and heritage
- Innovation - technology, environment, architecture, education, creativity and design
- Business - large and small business, finance and inward investment
The programme will be supported by an interactive online media centre with case studies, images, footage, quotes and biographies.
Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, added: "London has not just one, but many amazing stories to tell during the Olympic and Paralympic Games and the LMC will be the place to find out about them and get them covered. The LMC will keep journalists from across the globe on top of everything going on in our city, including a dazzling array of cultural events that will make London the only place to be during a summer like no other."
Companies wishing to showcase their event work to the global press during Games' time could do the following:
- Provide a case study and content for the online media centre;
- Provide a spokesperson, either a celebrity, small business owner, artist or chef to speak to the press about their industry and what London means to them;
- Media tours and exclusive entry to exhibitions and venues;
- Discounts to restaurants and attractions;
- Events and hospitality – host a debate, roundtable, open day or networking event for non-accredited press with the opportunity to showcase your business or product.
Couchman explained: "We are open to hearing all your ideas as long as they showcase London as the best big city on earth. We can work with you to develop ideas and concepts before they go the LMC steering group for approval."To leave a comment register and let us know your thoughts.
Don't miss interviews and features with leading venues, brands and agencies in the next issue of Event magazine by subscribing here.