To celebrate the launch of the highly anticipated biannual event, Event thought it fitting to take a look at what attendees can expect from the 62nd edition of the highly anticipated five-day event.
Designers, brands and attendees:
- 78 designers are set to showcase their SS16 collections.
- Of these, there will be 52 catwalk shows and 26 presentations.
- New venue, Brewer Street Car Park will showcase collections from more than 150 designers.
- Approximately 15,000 official LFW tote bags designed by Gareth Pugh in collaboration with Sunglass Hut will be handed out over the five days.
- It’s predicted that 15,000 bottles of Evian Water will be consumed.
- More than 3,000 Sunglass Hut stores in 45 countries are celebrating LFW.
- Four Sunglass Hut ‘Punk it Up’ branded official LFW buses will transport press, buyers and photographers between shows and presentations.
- It is estimated that 237kg of Alpro’s Plain Big Pots soya-based alternative yogurt product will be consumed.
- There will be one Topshop LFW pop-up located within the retailer’s Oxford Street store, which will feature a dedicated screening area for the Unique SS16 show.
- There will be 11 'American Express Insiders' on-site at LFW.
- 5,000 visitors are expected to attend, including buyers, journalists, bloggers, broadcast crews and photographers.
- Attendees will hail from 71 countries.
Global brands to take to the catwalk include:
- Anya Hindmarch
- Burberry Prorsum
- Hunter Original
- Paul Smith
- Pringle of Scotland
- Topshop Unique
- Vivienne Westwood Red Label
Designers celebrating their 10th anniversaries this year include:
- Gareth Pugh
- Nicholas Kirkwood
Social and online:
- 94% of Twitter users are aware of LFW and 74% have an interest in the event.
- 78% of guests attending LFW plan on tweeting during the event.
- There has been a 25% year-on-year rise of searches for LFW and a 65% year-on-year mobile search for LFW.
More London Fashion Week coverage:
- Four events taking place during London Fashion Week
- London Fashion Week moves to Brewer Street Car Park
- Sunglass Hut replaces Vodafone as London Fashion Week headliner