Last year’s event sparked a series of complaints from locals about the high noise levels, the traffic and safety issues. The council now says the event can now go ahead from 6-8 July at Merton Farm.
After discussions with the council and Kent police, the festival submitted its revised event management plan and license application in late February. According to organisers, the new license detailed rigorous new security strictures such as a new fencing system, CCTV on key points of the site and a new security firm. There is also a revised site plan that has been modified from previous years to allow for a bigger general camping area, more features and facilities for families and more space for campervans and toilets.
Sean Baker, founder of Lounge on the Farm, said: "With a new license we can take another step towards a safer, more secure event that is far better positioned to progress and build on the fantastic success we have enjoyed over the last few years."
The festival started in 2007, and in the last four years attendee numbers have increased from 4,500 to 10,000.
This year The Charlatans are set to headline on Sunday night. Other confirmed acts include Emeli Sandé, Mystery Jets and Goldie.
The Meadows Area will be transformed into a magical wonderland of pop up stalls and features from local students, and a new forest pathway between the Main Arena and The Meadows will be constructed.
The Boutique on the Farm camping area is set to include more pitches for yurts, bell tents and teepee’s, luxury toilets and showers, plus an appointed area manager to personally deal with all campers.
To leave a comment register and let us know your thoughts.
For more in-depth industry features, showcases and interviews with world-leading brands, don't miss the next issue of Event magazine by subscribing here.Tweet