Around 200 people had to take refuge at Porthmadog leisure centre overnight on Sunday (4 September) when a nearby river burst its banks flooding the car parks, making it impossible for some festival-goers to get home.
Yesterday afternoon organisers reported on the festival website that 90% of the trapped vehicles had been freed and 18 tractors were being used to tow out the remaining 10% as swiftly as possible.
Local councillor Jason Humphreys told the BBC: "Forecasters gave ample warning of torrential rain on Saturday, but once again flood management agencies failed in their duty as they seem to be completely unaware of the dangers to people and property."
But Natural Resources Wales (NRW) said the event's organisers were made fully aware of flood warnings, and the final decision to use the Porthmadog site was taken by the Festival No.6 teams.
Peter Kerwood, marketing director at The Concerto Group, was among those stranded at the leisure centre. He credited the "amazing locals" who came to the rescue. "They helped pull cars out with tractors, bring food, tea and coffee and blankets," he said. "One local woman even offered a lift to anyone who wanted to get to Chester."
"At no point over the past five years have we been advised not to use Porthmadog Rugby Club for the festival park and ride operation. We strive to deliver the best customer experience for all our guests and are genuinely saddened by the outcome of this weekend."
Comment below to let us know what you think.
For your daily hit of news from the brand experience community, weekly brand and inspiration updates or your monthly trend download, register and subscribe to Event and our bulletins.