Alicia Duncan, general manager at London events venue The Mermaid, has worked at the centre since 2011 and before this held the same position at Novus Leisure for more than seven years. She talked to Event about her original career choice of being a ...
Top campaign story
Havas Group's brand engagement network, Havas Sports & Entertainment (Havas SE), has appointed Aleksandra Marciniak to the role of managing director of its Poland operation.
Women in Events TV
Jennifer Knight, partner at 84 Events, started her career at UBM in 2006 selling recruitment print advertising before moving into event logistics. She talked to Event about why she admires Glastonbury's Emily Eavis, her own desire to launch a global ...
Kath Norris, head of talent at Circle Agency, launched the company's in-house staffing division seven years ago. She talked to Event about going from being a stay-at-home mum to full-time event professional, the variety of her job role and cutting ou...
Corporate and event catering specialists Grazing has appointed Madlen Langmeyer to the role of events and operations manager.
Event production company Fisher Productions has hired Kate Kelly as venue relationship manager, as the business seeks to grow its venues team and expand into new sectors and markets.
Chloe Napier is a project manager at event production company Polar bear. Event profiled her in the Jul/Aug issue as a young female talent to watch. In her full interview, she talks gigging in the womb and playing basketball with Tibetan monks.
Woman of the week
Kanya King, founder of the Music of Black Origin Awards (MOBOs), has much to celebrate this year including the 18th anniversary of awards taking place at The Hydro in Glasgow 19 October. She gave Event an insight into the 2013 show and the activity t...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Manager Alexandra Palace Trading £33,000 pa + bonus + benefits, North London
- Event Manager Alexandra Palace Trading up to £27,000 pa depending on experience, North London
- Sales and Catering Assistant Alexandra Palace Trading £19,500 pa (1 year contract with the possibility of extending), North London
- Events Account Executive (agency) Regan & Dean £22000 - 23500 per annum, London
- Business Development Manager Big Worldwide OTE: £38,000 to £50,000 depending on experience, London
- Historic Royal Palaces bolsters events team
- In pictures: PrettyGreen creates John Lewis experience at OnBlackheath festival
- In pictures: Concerto hosts pub-themed agency event
- Coca-Cola to sponsor London Eye from 2015
- GES acquires Blitz Communications to strengthen offering
- In pictures: The Network chills out with Metro at Sure Run to the Beat
- Event Organisers: What the London Olympics can teach us about event promotion
- Event Organisers: Tapping into social media to build a thriving customer fan base