Rowan Bennett, sales and marketing manager at Grade II-listed venue BMA House, was previously manager of village operations for the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. She talked to Event about learning the tricks of the trade, why she would have wanted...
Top campaign story
Havas Group's brand engagement network, Havas Sports & Entertainment (Havas SE), has appointed Aleksandra Marciniak to the role of managing director of its Poland operation.
Women in Events TV
Event production company Fisher Productions has hired Kate Kelly as venue relationship manager, as the business seeks to grow its venues team and expand into new sectors and markets.
Kelly Yeomans has been appointed as business development manager by event production and design company, Light Motif.
Sarah Kay, co-founder and managing director of Story Events, started the business in 2013, previously heading up the team at agency Mask events. She talked to Event about switching careers from design to events, heading up a company at a young age an...
Staffing agency Beautiful Minds Promotions has promoted internally and recruited new staff following a string of business wins.
Chloe Napier is a project manager at event production company Polar bear. Event profiled her in the Jul/Aug issue as a young female talent to watch. In her full interview, she talks gigging in the womb and playing basketball with Tibetan monks.
Woman of the week
Kanya King, founder of the Music of Black Origin Awards (MOBOs), has much to celebrate this year including the 18th anniversary of awards taking place at The Hydro in Glasgow 19 October. She gave Event an insight into the 2013 show and the activity t...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- EVENT MANAGER Kingston First £25,000 - £35,000 plus benefits, Kingston Upon Thames (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Event Team Manager - Leading Creative Experience Company Regan & Dean £35000 - 40000 per annum, London
- Business Development Manager Big Worldwide OTE: £38,000 to £50,000 depending on experience, London
- Event Manager Royal Opera House £27,500 per annum , London (Greater)
- Event Coordinator ESP Recruitment £25.5k_£26.5k+excellent benefits, London
- In pictures: Undercurrent launches experiential tour for Samsung and Vodafone
- Tourism Australia to open pop-up Aussie restaurant with Jackson Gilmour
- In pictures: Hungryhouse keeps carnival-goers dry at Notting Hill
- Doing Something to host dating sleepover at The View from The Shard
- In pictures: PrettyGreen creates 'The Uni Hub' for John Lewis
- In pictures: TfL enlists furry friends for above-ground map launch
- Event Organisers: What the London Olympics can teach us about event promotion
- Event Organisers: Tapping into social media to build a thriving customer fan base