Samantha Burton, senior event manager for Merlin Events London, part of the Merlin Entertainments Group, joined the team in July 2010. She talked to Event about her X Factor-style interview, working on Anthea Turner's summer ball and how making sweet...
Women in Events TV
Natalia Ikin, director at Golborne Events, set up her own company just under two years ago, and was previously head of events for Grant Thornton. She talked to Event about her first job working for her mum at her family's B&B, going it alone and how ...
Hannah Wood, connectivity, supplier and site manager at Etherlive, shared her career story with Event for the Women in Events campaign. She talked about working in a diverse role, how she ended up working for an event technology company and how a qua...
Consumer agency Devries Slam has appointed Elsa Caillaud-Haagen as senior account director.
Starting out her career working in PR agencies, Sian Bates, client services director at TRO, now handles large events for the company's UK clients including Nissan, BMW and Shell. She talked to Event about immersing herself within audiences, why her ...
Chloe Napier is a project manager at event production company Polar bear. Event profiled her in the Jul/Aug issue as a young female talent to watch. In her full interview, she talks gigging in the womb and playing basketball with Tibetan monks.
Woman of the week
Kanya King, founder of the Music of Black Origin Awards (MOBOs), has much to celebrate this year including the 18th anniversary of awards taking place at The Hydro in Glasgow 19 October. She gave Event an insight into the 2013 show and the activity t...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Event Planner ESP Recruitment £22k-£25k, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- PRODUCTION ASSISTANT Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Event Producer ESP Recruitment £27k-£35k, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Conference Producer - Large Scale Events GCN Talent £28K base plus profit share, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - EVENTS & EXPERIENTIAL Live Recruitment Negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Shortlist announced for Event Awards 2014
- BuzzFeed: marketers must work harder to share content on social media
- Bellwether: Event marketing budgets climb to 7.8%
- Zibrant Live to produce global product launch for Lenovo
- In pictures: GPJ explores ROI and shareable social content at Morning Premiere
- Jeep brings off-road driving experience to Farnborough Airshow
- Event Organisers: What the London Olympics can teach us about event promotion
- Event Organisers: Tapping into social media to build a thriving customer fan base