Gosia Kalicka is a founder and director of tech business Pictures Experience. She talks about an offer from London she couldn't refuse and choosing a job for work experience over money.
Top campaign story
Green Man Festival's owner and director Fiona Stewart has spoken out against event homogenisation ahead of receiving an outstanding contribution gong at the UK Festival Awards at London's Roundhouse this evening (2 December).
Women in Events TV
Twickenham Experience has appointed Samme Allen as its head of conference and events sales.
Special events producer Champagne Jayne, also known as Jayne Powell, will be making an appearance on ITV1's This Morning today (27 November).
Stacey Thompson did her degree in politics and linguistics, and worked for several financial institutions before landing the role of head of events at third sector organisation Acevo.
Catherine O'Brien, head of experiential at M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment, has been with the business for 16 years. So what's her secret to business success?
Chloe Napier is a project manager at event production company Polar bear. Event profiled her in the Jul/Aug issue as a young female talent to watch. In her full interview, she talks gigging in the womb and playing basketball with Tibetan monks.
Woman of the week
Kanya King, founder of the Music of Black Origin Awards (MOBOs), has much to celebrate this year including the 18th anniversary of awards taking place at The Hydro in Glasgow 19 October. She gave Event an insight into the 2013 show and the activity t...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Wedding Planner - The Perfect Wedding Company - London Crown Group Per Annum, Central London
- Marketing Campaign Manager - B2B Conferences Real Recruitment Ltd £25000 - 25000 per annum, London
- SENIOR EVENT MANAGER Live Recruitment Negotiable, Buckinghamshire
- Business Development Executive - New Launch Events Dragonfly Recruitment £30000 - 35000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c.£55,000 pa, Lambeth, Central London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Festival goers at the heart of brand activations, finds Frukt
- The year that was with... Corporate Events, Rhubarb and Troxy
- Nato Summit to launch £6m search for events suppliers
- Former Cirque de Soleil acrobat to perform at Event Christmas party
- In pictures: Avon UK tackles domestic violence with Jamelia at Somerset House
- My Event World - Mini Vohra
- Event Organisers: What the London Olympics can teach us about event promotion
- Event Organisers: Tapping into social media to build a thriving customer fan base