James Rees has been promoted to executive director at Excel London, from his position as director of conferences and events.
i2i Events Group has appointed Katherine Truesdale as its new sales manager for North America.
The Kia Oval has hired Katie Peskett as its new operations manager.
Prestige Ticketing has appointed Paul Lemon, the former ticketing and hospitality manager for the London 2012 Olympics, as its head of business development.
Excel London has hired Harry Brewer as an account manager in its conference and events team.
My Event World
Andrew Essa, managing director of The Social Athletics Club, on starting the business last year, his international heritage, and having private drinks with Richard Branson.
More My Event World
My Event World - Neil Robinson Neil Robinson, group account director of Cheil Worldwide, on managing the Galaxy Studio project for Samsung, commuting to France and live streaming at events.
My Event World - Charlie Grave Charlie Grave, managing director of sponsorship, IMG Tennis and BNP Paribas Tennis Classic, on starting the Japan Sevens Rugby, organising a triathlon for Eurostar, and tennis in the Royal Albert Hall.
My Event World - Carol Gandey Carol Gandey, managing director of Gandey World Class Productions, and a board member of the European Circus Association, on charging cattle, Sky TV and building a business from scratch.
My Event World - Tim Barrett-Jolley Tim Barrett-Jolley, event sales and marketing manager at RSA House, on his Masterchef credentials, useless university degrees, and banning time wasters.
My Event World - Hilary Lumsden Hilary Lumsden, show secretary at The Fife Show (Fife Agricultural Association), on logistical challenges and the benefits of a glass of wine.
My Event World - Debora Luzi Debora Luzi, events manager at Roast restaurant, on salsa, vegetarianism and free events.
Teambuilding and events company Bluehat has hired Eventice 2013 contestant Laura Tringham as its new venue relationship executive.
We interviewed our 2013 Eventice winners at International Confex to get their first reactions on winning the industry competition.
International Confex celebrated its 30th anniversary event with high-profile speakers including former deputy prime minister John Prescott, and more than 100 educational sessions. Watch our video highlights here.
The Fab 50 is back for 2013 - but with a twist.
The best 50 companies to work for in the event industry 2012 revealed in full with breakdowns of their scores.
Each of the Fab 50 companies saw employees fill in an online series of questions, here is the breakdown for The Circle Agency.
Michael Aldridge, 09 May 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Conference Section Commonwealth Secretariat £69,333 pa + benefits, London based with considerable overseas travel
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR/CLIENT SERVICES DIRECTOR (Experiential Agency) Right Connection Recruitment Limited £50,000-£80,000+package, LONDON
- CONFERENCE CONSULTANT Right Connection Recruitment Limited £14,500 - £16,500, MANCHESTER
- EVENT CO-ORDINATOR (In-house) Right Connection Recruitment Limited £Competitive , LONDON
- Business Development Manager Dynamic New Alliances £30000.00 - 40000.00 per annum, City of London
- Event Organisers: What the London Olympics can teach us about event promotion
- Event Organisers: Tapping into social media to build a thriving customer fan base