Fire breaks out at design expo

Interior design show 100% Design was forced to open four hours late after a fire broke out at Earls Court early on 29 September.

Interior design show 100% Design was forced to open four hours late after a fire broke out at Earls Court early on 29 September. Emergency services said the cause of the blaze was a failed capacitor in the switchroom. The fire led to a loss of power to the west side of the exhibition hall, although many stands were able to receive power from other parts of the building. When the show finally opened at 2pm eight stands were unable to exhibit. “We have advised the exhibitors that they will be compensated,” said 100% Design co-founder Ian Rudge. “Fortunately, nobody was hurt. It could have been much worse had it happened nearer opening time. Earls Court was very good about the situation. They were very supportive.” The show, which ran from 27-30 September, attracted 26,632 visitors – marginally higher than last year.

Have your say

Only registered users may comment. Sign in now or register for free.

Follow us

Latest Event Jobs