All change for IT organiser in UK move

IT trade show organiser Key3Media Group has set up global headquarters in the UK and rebranded as Medialive International.

The office in Hammersmith, west London will be headed by president Kim Myhre, who will oversee the company's European and Asian operations.

"The UK is at the epicentre of the international event sector," he said.

"We are evaluating event launch opportunities in the UK and we are hopeful that things will turn around for the technology industry."

The company, which runs international IT event Comdex, emerged from Chapter 11, the US version of bankruptcy, on June 19. A rescue package saw Thomas Weisel Capital Partners take a 90% stake in the firm, while unsecured creditors now have the option to buy the remaining 10%.

"We are looking to build up the company now that we have a financial backer. We have a particular interest in European events," said Myhre.

He added that he will focus on improving the IT industry's perception of event marketing.

"It has been seen as the adopted step-child of other media and has been misunderstood by the technology sector. Companies should be thinking more strategically about integrated event marketing," he said.

The corporate headquarters of Medialive has been relocated to San Francisco in the US. The company has offices across the face of the globe in China, France, Sweden, Japan and Canada.

Have your say

Only registered users may comment. Sign in now or register for free.

Follow us

Latest Event Jobs