The rent-a-room website will convert the Neighbours set into an Airbnb home, enabling one lucky winner and a friend to stay at the studio for one night only on 7 September.
Dr Karl Kennedy, who is played by Alan Fletcher, and Kyle Canning, the handyman played by Chris Milligan, will host the guests to dinner at the Willis family home, where behind-the-scenes news will be shared.
The winners will also take a tour of the programme's iconic Ramsay Street, as well as key landmarks including Harold’s Store, The Waterhole and Lassiter’s Lake.
At the end of the day they will be able to rest up at the studio space, which will be equipped with a microwave, mini fridge, kettle, toaster, snacks, a TV and DVD Player, Neighbours DVDs, films and board games.
The prize package also includes:
- Breakfast in the cast and crew's cafeteria, which will serve up Harolds’ menu
- A behind-the-scenes preview of the programme’s hair, make-up and wardrobe
- The opportunity to see Neighbours stars filming in-studio and backlot
- Lunch in the cast and crew cafeteria
- Return flights to Melbourne
- Airbnb accommodation for another four nights
To enter, users will be required to login to their online account before 28 August and answer, in 25 words or less, why they would like to spend a night at Neighbours on Ramsay Street with Airbnb.
This is the latest in a string of creative experential campaigns by Airbnb. In May it sent a floating house down the River Thames, and in January it transformed a cable car at French ski resort Courchevel into a property listing.